Never lose your sense of humor. This chapter is to lighten the mood a bit.
Here are some true, but humorous reasons why you should leave your dead end job. I actually experienced most of what I am about to tell you and some are just for the sake of humor. I’ll let you decide which ones.
- When you’re making six dollars and fifty cents an hour and your boss tells you that you can only max out at eight dollars no matter how long you work for the company.
- When pay is reduced by one and two dollars based on your education and your boss says with a smile how’s the money.
- When you ask for a raise and your boss calls you into his office on pay day and holds your check over his head and says here’s your raise.
- When your overtime pay is fifty cents an hour.
- When the pencil drop on the sexy administrative assistant no longer thrills you.
- When you’re accused of sexual harassment after telling a female coworker you’d put her on lay-a-way after she said you couldn’t afford her.
- No paid sick days, no vacations, no benefits, and no company stock options.
- They hire your spouse to work alongside your or they hire her period.
- You’re served leftover food from your boss at the company Christmas dinner that came from his family’s Christmas dinner.
- When you give a month’s notice about your wedding anniversary and on the night of it, you get a call asking you why you’re not at work while in bed with your spouse.
- When you get tired of hearing where the beef is, two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Having it your way, the monster burger really scare you and you wish Jack would stay in the box.
- When you get tired of wearing a uniform for minimum wage that has nothing to do with a sports team.
- When asking someone to make a choice about paper or plastic and it has nothing to do with cash or a credit card.
- When your parents make more money than you do and their retired.
- When your kids make more money than you on their summer jobs.
- The two most dangerous words known to man . . . I DO! I know this doesn’t have anything to do with the list, but I just thought it would be funny.
- On a serious note, you never want to stay on any job that can’t help you grow as a person or financially. If these are some problems you face on your dead end job then say to yourself FEET DON’T FAIL ME NOW. But remember you should have another job in place before ever quitting because being unemployed is not the answer or funny.